On Tuesday, I took the kids down to Orem. We started the day off by getting up at 3 a.m. so we wouldn't have to drive more than one car down for the day. For those of you that don't know, Greg is still commuting down to Springville from Clearfield to go to work. He meets up with some friends in Orem, and they carpool down to Springville. Anyway, to save on gas, we decided to all go at 3 a.m. We dropped Greg off and then went to my parent's house to get a little more sleep before we had to start the day off at the dentist office. Preston, Anaya and Presley had their 6 month teeth cleaning appointments. Anaya and Presley have NO cavities, woo hoo! They did so well. It was a little rough when they had to have their teeth x-rayed, but they did awesome. Preston's appointment was a little more than we were expecting. They brushed and flossed his teeth and then x-rayed them. We thought it was smooth sailing from there. Oh boy were we wrong. When Dr. Howell came in to check his teeth, we found out that Preston had broken a filling, and it had started to decay. Dr. Howell said that the best option at this point was to have it pulled since the tooth underneath was about to breakthrough anyway. Preston didn't think it was going to be too bad. But he didn't know they were going to have to numb him up using a needle. He did really well for the first couple of pin pricks, but the few after that sent him through the roof. He was fighting to get up, and it definitely was not what Preston wanted to go through. His tooth came out nice and easy. After they pulled the tooth, they decided to do an adult cleaning on him. Preston didn't like the electric brush the dentist uses. I don't blame him. It's not fun at all. Preston started to put up a fight, yelling and screaming, and crying. I felt so bad because I literally had to lay on top of him so the dental assistant could finish the cleaning. When all was said and done, Preston was okay. He did an awesome job for not knowing what to expect.
Later that day, Aidan and I went to the doctor's office for checkups. It was time for Aidan's 2 month checkup, and mine was my 6 week post-partum checkup. Mine was quick and easy which was fantastic. I haven't gained any weight, but I haven't lost any either. Aidan is a growing boy, which he should be. He is now 12 lbs. 4 oz and 23 3/4 inches long. What a big boy! I can't believe how fast time flies and how fast kids grow. I just take the time to appreciate what I have and the relationship between my kids and I and Greg.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Al,
that is funny that aiden is 2 months and weighing in at 12 lbs, zoey will be 5 months in 2 weeks and weighs 11.3
haha and she is 26 1/2 inches long. String bean.
That sucks about Preston. I hate going to the dentist because they always find something wrong.
Post a Comment