Thursday, October 15, 2009

Apples, Apples, and more Apples!

We have this apple tree in our backyard. We have so many apples I don't know what to do with all of them. We still have a ton in the tree. Only problem....they are so high, we can't get them. Our ladder is definitely tall enough, and Greg can only climb so high before the branches begin to feel like they are going to break. We have picked pretty much what we can, and the pictures below will show you how many we have.

The kids were involved in the whole process. Picking, washing, and even putting them into the juicer. The apple juice is amazing! We don't have to add anything to it. The juice is already sweet, and perfect to drink. The kids really enjoyed themselves. Greg is going to start applesauce, and apple jam tomorrow. I hope all goes well since I will be working.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry we didn't come out to pick those, we have been busy, crazy with work. Sounds like you put them to good use though....

XOXOXOXO