
On December 14, 2008 we welcomed our baby boy and brother, Aidan Scott. It was a very interesting day to say the least. I had gone into the hospital around 6:30 a.m. and was there until 9:30 a.m. Unfortunately, I was having irregular contractions and still only dilated to 1 cm. So they sent me home. I was home for about 45 minutes when I started having contractions about every 2 minutes. My mom said that we should go back to the hospital, but I told her I didn't want to get sent home again. So, I screamed through the contractions, until Greg got home. He timed one of my contractions and it was 1 minute and 10 seconds long!!!! He said let's get you to the hospital. We go to leave and can't find the car key to my Mazda and I absolutely refused to ride in our Kia, so by this time I am in dying pain, and my dad runs in and gets his keys to
his car and puts me in and then rushes me to the hospital running a red light and all. Just so I wouldn't give birth in the car, at home or even in the parking lot (which was VERY close to happening). We get to the hospital, my water breaks as I get out of the car, I collapse to the ground and don't think I can move. Some ladies saw what happened. One went to get a nurse with a wheelchair and the other helped my dad get me to the wheelchair. We get up to labor and delivery and they are like you were just here. And I said yep! They take me to the room where I'm supposedly going to have a C-section and I have a nurse trying to put an IV in my arm, a couple of nurses getting the baby bed ready, and another getting me registered. Then one nurse, her name is Jeanne, she goes to check how far dilated I am, and she says "There's the head, go ahead and push whenever you are ready, Ali." This whole time my dear sweet husband is waiting to be let through the doors to the labor and delivery phone. He couldn't get in because all the nurses were in my room. My dear husband missed the birth of our son by just a few seconds, but was there to give the nurses the name of our beautiful baby boy. It was a rough and long day, but
totally worth not having all the pain meds and epidural. The kids came to visit me and their new baby brother at the hospital later that day. They were so excited to see their brother they could hardly stand it. While the kids were visiting, Presley and Anaya found that it was fun to play in the bathroom. Presley figured out how to flush the toilet and then she would laugh and flush it again. It was pretty funny to watch. 


2 comments:
Finally a post about that cute baby boy! Come on its not like you have 5 kids to take care of right? :) Love your face!!
WOW! What a story, I had no idea! Glad it all came out ok.
Post a Comment